David Tebbs - summary:
Chairman - Non Executive Director - Mentor - Consultant
David Tebbs brings substantial experience (from 40 years contribution as a company director) to chairmen, non-executive / independent director, mentoring and strategic consulting roles. His breadth of experience in different economic cycles across both large, public and small and unlisted organisations enables him to relate practical experience to board issues as well as making significant contributions to setting the strategic direction. His portfolio of board, mentoring and consulting assignments keeps him updated across several scales of operation, both public and private. Much of his work has been in the technology sectors but he also has chaired (or senior NED) of companies in the finance, business training and manufacturing sectors.
David has considerable chief executive experience in directing international operations and overseas subsidiaries as well as UK operations. He sat on the boards of several international companies based outside the UK. He is the founder and chairman of the ITNEA, the association for Chairmen and Non Executive Directors in listed companies.
Current Practice and DTA
David, through David Tebbs Associates, contributes to a range of organisations through non-executive director and chairman appointments, CEO / Chairman mentoring and strategic consulting assignments. Achievements have included: chairing a start up business to steady profitable growth over its initial years, a company sale, chairing a company from an MBO to a very successful UK full stock exchange listing, and helping the CEO of an established public company to face substantial change and set a new strategic direction. His role on the boards of several public companies led him to found the ITNEA. New assignments are now undertaken on a selective basis.
Since 1991 he has contributed both as a strategic consultant, mentor and as non-executive director to large, medium and small companies. Some examples include:
Independent / Non Executive Directorships 2000+
Qualifications and Associations
MA MIET FBCS FRSA CITP Chartered Engineer
The Information Technologists' Company (ITC).
IT Non-Executives Association ITNEA - Founder and Chairman
David has contributed as a, chairman, executive director, manager and consultant to most sub sectors within the IT industry, as well as a wide range of other organisations. Prior board appointments are noted below.
The BIS Group, 1969 to 1991: Director BIS Group; Director, CEO and Chairman BIS Banking Systems; Director and CEO BIS Applied Systems
Previous Non-Executive Directorships and Chairman roles - include:
Those noted above plus AIT Group plc, Computer Catalysts Inc., Draxmont Management Consultancy Ltd., Gesellschaft für Management und Organisation (GMO) AG, JBA Hospitality Systems Ltd, Learmonth and Burchett Management Systems plc (LBMS), Mackintosh Consultants Ltd., Margaux Controls Ltd., Phillip Shrapnel Pty., NYNEX ISGS Company Inc., TCA Synergo Ltd, TCA Syntec Ltd., WCIT court member and others. Directorships have covered companies based in the UK, USA, Australia, Germany, Luxemburg, Hong Kong and Singapore
Mentoring and Strategic Consultancy - Sample Projects
* Mentor and consultant to the board and CEO of a listed company in process of turn round and lead up to trade sale.
* Advisor to the Natural History Museum on IT related matters, from 1993 to 1999
* Acquisitions and Disposals: 30 + completed as a principal or advisor
* Led and contributed to several IPO listings
* Establish customer needs and new direction for products and services
* Evaluate business opportunity and competitive positioning in a selected market
* Restructure the board and management of a company responding to a market downturn
* Provided on going mentoring and support to the marketing and finances of a small business
* Set objectives and improve processes for the international distribution of company products
* Set the strategic direction and next year focus, for a company distributing across Europe
* Stand in for the CEO during a period of absence
* Strategic planning to better address the home market and to improve management reporting
* Launch of European business
* Worked with the CEO and other senior directors of a company providing mentoring and on-going advice and assistance on strategic and management development of the business
* Conceived, founded and chairs ITNEA, the association for non executive directors in listed IT and other TMT companies.
* Led the on line marketing and helped business development for a professional photography practice.
* David manages two commercial web sites plus this site.
For further information on chairman, non executive director, independent director, mentoring or consultancy/advisory support contact David Tebbs
email: David Tebbs Tel: 0844 88 44 980 (from outside the UK: +44 845 644 7020 or +44 1372 470 450)